DISTRICT V PHOTOGRAPHY 2022 COMPETITION
District V will be holding its third photography competition. We will be accepting photographs via email again. Deadline for submitting photographs will be October 4, 2022. During the October 14, 2022 District V Meeting attendees will select the “Popular Choice Award” from the first-place winning photographs. All the winning photographs will be shown at the October 14, 2022 District V Meeting and will then be posted on the District V website – ffgcdistrict5.com.
Photography Competition is open exclusively to garden club members of District V who are amateur photographers. A maximum 5 entries per adult. Members who won a 1st Place Award in 2021, are not eligible to enter a photograph in the same category(s), but may enter other categories and are eligible for the 3 overall awards. There is a $ 3.00 entry fee per photo.
Photographs with people/humans will not be accepted except in the “World of Wonder” category.
Photographs taken in enclosed areas such as Bird and Butterfly Exhibits will not be accepted.
Photograph must have a brief description of; specific bird(s), butterfly(s), wildlife, gardens, trees/plants, plant material, the location of photograph, the individual(s) in the “World of Wonder” category and the name of the garden club photographer is a member.
- Florida wildflowers, plants or trees in natural habitat
- Gardens – Flower or Vegetable Gardens
- Butterflies – Caterpillar, Chrysalis or Butterfly
- Garden Visitors – Birds, Bees, Bugs, Wildlife/animals
- Seeing is Believing – submit a photo in one of four classes: Near Sighted, Far Sighted, Astigmatic and Color Blind. Go to NGC.org, then to Programs and click on Photography to get more info.
- World of Wonder – Emphasis on the theme of the 2021-2023 Administration “100 Ways to Play Outside with New Friends” Photo must show a member or members having a good time with a new member(s) while attending meetings, workshops, or working on service projects. Must have written permission of new member(s) to submit photo.
An award of $25.00 will be given for photos in the following areas:
- “Best-in-Show Award” – judged by the judging panel
- *Most Unique & Creative Award – has a “Wow” factor – judged by panel
- “Popular Choice Award” – voted on by attendees at the Fall District V Meeting.
- Photographs will be judged on representation of category; good composition, color & print quality; creativity & uniqueness and conformance & Interpretation.
- Send photographs to Kelley Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org, and the entry fee to Sandra Arnold at 3420 SW 100 St., Gainesville, FL 32608. Make your check out to District V.